ABOUT POWELL BREWERY...
Powell Brewery is a small, independent microbrewery owned and operated by husband & wife team, David (Brewer) and Nicole (Operations).
The brewery opened December 2012 on a nano scale with a focus on creating high quality, handcrafted beers for locals to enjoy. The brewery quickly gained a name for itself within the community and by May of 2013, they were humbled when receiving the prestigious award, “Beer of the Year”, from the Canadian Brewing Awards for their Old Jalopy Pale Ale. With the receipt of this award, the brewery gained national attention and the small-batch beers they were brewing could not nearly meet the demand, and all beers sold out fast. Needless to say, their original goal of staying small and growing slowly quickly changed.
In November of 2013, they took possession of a larger space and over the next year, spent day and night building it into what was to become their new microbrewery. By the end of September 2014, the doors to the Tasting Room were open!
Powell Brewery continues to grow, focusing on high quality, full-flavoured handcrafted beers using all natural and preferably local ingredients to produce delicious beers.
Awarded Beer Achievements:
- 2018 Old Jalopy, Pale Ale - The World Beer Cup - Gold
- 2017 Lazy D'Haze, IPA - Canadian Brewing Awards - Gold
- 2017 Old Jalopy, Pale Ale - Canadian Brewing Awards - Silver
- 2017 Dive Bomb, Brown Ale - Canadian BrewingAwards - Bronze
- 2017 Ode To Wallflower, Barrel Aged - Canadian Brewing Awards - Silver
- 2016 Old Jalopy, Pale Ale - The World Beer Cup - Bronze
- 2016 Ode To Citra, Pale Ale - Vancouver International Craft Beer Awards - Gold
- 2016 Witbier w/ Ginger & Cardamom - Canadian Brewing Awards - Silver
- 2014 Dive Bomb, Brown Ale - BC Beer Awards - 2nd Place
- 2013 Old Jalopy, Pale Ale - Canadian Brewing Awards - Beer of the Year
- 2013 Old Jalopy, Pale Ale - Canadian Brewing Awards - Gold